Do you want to see your work in print? Unsure if your work is up to par? Have you been published before and want the chance to show off your skills? Send your submissions to the Mystic Manuscripts Spring Writing Contest! For submitting, each story will receive a FREE personalized review with suggestions to strengthen their submission and head them toward publication.
Please submit your best work of up to 800 words. This could be a fiction piece for children, a
nonfiction piece for an adult science magazine, poetry, or a myriad of other
options. Please, no partial submissions (for example: the first 3 pages of a
novel chapter, part of a screen play, etc).
Submissions must have a clear beginning, middle, and end. [a1]
Rules for Submissions:
- There is no fee to enter.
- No more than 800 words for the submission itself. Please only black and neutral font (like Arial black). Word count does not include the author's name and contact info. Please don't disqualify yourself for failing to follow these simple guidelines!)
- Only one entry per person.
- Any genre is acceptable. (Please keep content to PG-13. Aka: limit gore, profanity, and sexual content.)
- Follow formatting and submissions guidelines below.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST May 20th. I will begin evaluating submissions as they come, so don't wait until the deadline to submit.
- No previously published work, please. (Published means you were paid for your work and/or it has been printed in ink or in an online magazine).
For fiction selections, I am looking for strong characterization, plot, setting, tension, and interesting dialogue. For nonfiction, I am looking for clarity of thought, unique information on your chosen subject, sensory detail, and quick pacing. Punctuation, spelling, and grammar are also important. Please proofread! I will evaluate each story on a scale from 1 to 10 and will make notes as I read each submission (which will be included in your review).
- Send entries to email@example.com.
- Write "Spring 2012 Writing Competition" in the subject line.
- The submission needs to be included inside the body of the e-mail, NOT as an attachment.
- Authors retain ALL publishing rights.
- Questions? Please ask BEFORE you submit. Once an entry is received, it cannot be resubmitted.
In : Writing Competitions
Tags: april short story contest competition publication